About the basketball tournament

About the Northwest Premier Invitational basketball tournament

The Northwest Premier Invitational (NPI) is the top basketball tournament in the northwest during non-NCAA evaluation weekends. There are divisions for 11U-17U teams.

basketball tournament

Utah Basketball Club’s Jarriesse Blackmon (Santa Barbara)

The 10th Annual Northwest Premier Invitational invites elite travel teams to compete during Mother’s Day Weekend. The tournament was created in 2010 to give northwest teams a chance to play against great competition in front of college recruiters at an affordable cost.

Dates, Times and Cost

Friday-Sunday, May 10-12, 2019

Cost: $395 per team

Games will not start before 4:00 PM on Friday.

Final games for 11U-15U teams will be done by Saturday night.

Final games for 16U-17U teams will be done by 1:00 PM on Sunday.

Teams pay via credit card when they register.

Registration and Rosters

Tournament registration is done through Tourney Machine and typically opens mid-January.

We need rosters by the Monday before the tournament. If your team is recruitable, it is critical that you get accurate rosters submitted by this date so that college coaches and recruiting services will be able to properly identify your players. A few days after you register you will receive an email with a link that you (or a team manager) can update your roster(s).

Coaches, if you are coaching more than one team and need to avoid conflicts or you would like to request a later start time, you can do this when you register. We want to make this basketball tournament as manageable for you as possible. Keep in mind that we cannot fulfill all requests so priority will be given based on when you register your team. The earlier you register the more likely you are to be accommodated. Also, keep in mind that if you request to have no games on Friday, you may end up with 4 games or more on Saturday.

Divisions

The NPI is not required to follow the AAU age guidelines so division eligibility is determined by your current age or grade.

11U / 5th Grade

12U / 6th Grade

13U / 7th Grade

14U / 8th Grade

15U / 9th Grade

16U / 10th Grade

17U / 11th and 12th Grade – Seniors are eligible to participate.

Rules

Click here to read the rules.  It is important to note that games will be declared a forfeit if a player is discovered playing on more than one team, regardless of division. A player’s “official” team is the first team he plays for in the tournament.

Games, Schedule and Gyms

Each team is guaranteed four (4) games at this basketball tournament. The schedule usually comes out the Wednesday prior to the tournament. Gyms will be divided by age for convenience and recruiting.

2018 Gym Locations (and anticipated age divisions*): 

Centennial High School, 12400 E. McMillan Rd, Boise, ID – 17U Division (some 16U)

Eagle High School, 574 Park Lane, Eagle, ID – 16U Division (some overflow from other divisions)

Rocky Mountain High School, 5450 N Linder Rd, Meridian, ID – 15U Division (some overflow from other divisions)

Homecourt, 936 Taylor Ave, Meridian, ID – mostly 14U and 13U (some overflow from 11U and 12U divisions)

Borah High School, 6001 Cassia Street, Boise, ID – mostly 14U and 13U divisions

Mountain View High School,  2000 Millenium Way, Meridian, ID – mostly 12U and 11U divisions

Capital High School, 8055 Goddard Way, Boise, ID – mostly 12U and 11U divisions (some overflow)

*NOTE: this is our intended age placement for the tournament but may change based on the number of teams, scheduling conflicts, etc.

Officials

The NPI seeks out the top certified high school officials in Idaho and surrounding states. 90% of officials at the basketball tournament are certified. The other 10% are pursuing their certification.